Lakers' Blake has surgery, will miss 6-8 weeks
12/05 3:56 PM
Lakers guard Steve Blake underwent surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle on Wednesday.EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Blake underwent surgery to repair a torn abdominal muscle on Wednesday.
The team says he's expected to be out six to eight weeks.
Blake has been out of action since Nov. 12, adding to the Lakers' point guard woes with Steve Nash also out with a leg injury.
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 45 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
59 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos