Spoelstra chooses Bosh to start All-Star Game
Taking the suspense out of the equation early, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra has selected Chris Bosh as a replacement starter for the East team in Sunday's All-Star Game.
Spoelstra hinted two weeks ago that he would remain loyal to the Heat regarding any decisions he had to make in his first assignment as an All-Star coach.
Bosh will replace injured guard Rajon Rondo, who is recovering from season-ending knee surgery.
All-Star starters are chosen through fan voting.
There was a possibility that Spoelstra would have taken a conventional approach by replacing Rondo with another guard, with Kyrie Irving being a popular alternative.
But Spoelstra announced his decision to the Heat's team-run website Friday about an hour before he was set to meet with reporters for the scheduled All-Star media availability for players and coaches.
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 36 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD 42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos