LeBron: Posterizing Celtics' Terry was pleasure
It's fair to say LeBron James has no regrets about putting one of the dunks of the year on Celtics guard and personal rival Jason Terry on Monday night.
James created one of the season's best highlights when he surprised Terry on a fast break and dunked over him, sending Terry to the court.
Speaking before the Miami Heat took on the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday, James said he felt the play enacted some revenge on Terry for smack talk he has directed at James and the Heat over the last several seasons.
"I've had a chance to [review] it, and it was one of my better ones," James said. "The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter. Because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes. And I'm glad it happened to him."
The James-Terry rivalry started in 2011 when Terry said James wouldn't be able to guard him effectively for the entire NBA Finals when the Heat took on Terry's Dallas Mavericks. Terry finished the series strong offensively, and the Mavericks won the title 4-2.
"I'm welcoming the challenge," Terry said then. "We're going to see if he can do it for seven games."
Last week, Terry said he wasn't impressed with the Heat's then-21-game winning streak, which has now reached 23 games.
"[I'm] not really impressed with it or anything that they do," Terry said.
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online 33 min ago
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say 47 min ago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 17 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 28 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos