Clippers sign Wayns for remainder of season
The Los Angeles Clippers have signed guard Maalik Wayns for the rest of the season.
The Clippers announced the deal Friday for Wayns, an undrafted rookie from Villanova.
Wayns has appeared in three games for Los Angeles, averaging 3.7 points and 2.3 assists. The Clippers signed him from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the D-League on March 9.
He started the season with the Philadelphia 76ers, appearing in 21 games and never cracking their rotation.
Although the Clippers are one of the NBA's deepest teams, Los Angeles guard Chauncey Billups strained his groin during the Clippers' win at New Orleans on Wednesday. His return is uncertain heading into Friday's game at San Antonio.
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos