Clippers sign Wayns for remainder of season
The Los Angeles Clippers have signed guard Maalik Wayns for the rest of the season.
The Clippers announced the deal Friday for Wayns, an undrafted rookie from Villanova.
Wayns has appeared in three games for Los Angeles, averaging 3.7 points and 2.3 assists. The Clippers signed him from the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the D-League on March 9.
He started the season with the Philadelphia 76ers, appearing in 21 games and never cracking their rotation.
Although the Clippers are one of the NBA's deepest teams, Los Angeles guard Chauncey Billups strained his groin during the Clippers' win at New Orleans on Wednesday. His return is uncertain heading into Friday's game at San Antonio.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 14 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 52 min ago
- Chicago typhoon relief shipments reach the Philippines 22 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos