Wizards G Beal done for year with leg injury
Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal will miss the rest of his rookie season with a right leg injury.WASHINGTON -- Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal will miss the rest of his rookie season with a right leg injury.
The Wizards announced before their game at the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday that Beal has a stress injury in his right fibula and is expected to resume basketball-related activities in about six weeks.
Washington has eight games left in the regular season. The Wizards are 28-46 entering Wednesday's game.
Beal, the No. 3 overall pick in last year's draft, averaged 13.9 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 rebounds this season. He earned Eastern Conference rookie of the month honors in December and January.
Beal played 27.5 minutes in Washington's 90-86 victory over Chicago on Tuesday night.
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos