76ers acquire D-League team in Delaware
The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired a team to compete in the NBA's developmental league in Delaware.
PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired a team to compete in the NBA's developmental league in Delaware.
The franchise will be named the 87ers and will play its games at the University of Delaware campus. The move was announced Saturday.
The rights to the club were previous held by the Utah Flash, which went on a hiatus two years ago. Aaron Moszer was named team president. Moszer was most recently served as assistant vice president of sales/marketing for Ripken Baseball Inc.
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos