Hawks' Petro out of practice for child's birth
Atlanta Hawks center Johan Petro has missed practice to be with his wife for the birth of their child.
Petro returned to his home in Miami to with his wife, who is scheduled to deliver the child on Sunday. The team is hopeful the 7-footer will return to Atlanta in time for Game 4 of the playoff series against the Indiana Pacers on Monday night.
Petro made his first start of the playoffs in Game 3, part of a new, bigger lineup that carried the Hawks to a 90-69 victory. Indiana still leads the best-of-seven series 2-1.
If Petro doesn't return in time for the next game, the Hawks could start Ivan Johnson at center. But coach Larry Drew says he prefers bringing Johnson off the bench.
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos