Report: McMillan to be assistant with Pacers
Nate McMillan has decided to join Frank Vogel's staff with the Indiana Pacers as an assistant coach, the Indianapolis Star reported.
A former head coach for the Seattle SuperSonics and Portland Trail Blazers, McMillan is filling one of the two vacant spots on Vogel's bench after Brian Shaw was hired as coach of the Denver Nuggets and Jim Boylen left to become lead assistant under Gregg Popovich with the San Antonio Spurs.
Vogel said earlier this week he wanted to move quickly to fill his assistant jobs, with one of the priorities being finding someone who can relate to a young roster. In addition to his coaching experience, McMillan also played 12 years in the NBA.
McMillan has a 478-452 record in 12 seasons as coach, making the playoffs five times. He also was an assistant under Mike Krzyzewski for the United States national team that won a gold medal at the 2008 Olympics.
The Pacers pushed the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals, losing in seven games.
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday 20 min ago
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students 16 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial 12 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $4M lotto prize on her birthday 5 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman 48 min ago
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
2 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
20 min ago
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos