Rockets' Harden leaves with knee contusion
Houston Rockets guard James Harden was listed as day to day after leaving Friday night's preseason game against the Memphis Grizzlies with a right knee bruise.
"He iced it, and stuff, and we'll see how he feels (Saturday)," McHale said, indicating that he didn't think the injury was serious.
Harden, who entered the game as the team's leading scorer in the preseason with a 20.8 average, connected on a 3-pointer from the right wing with 4:35 left in the first quarter and went down to the court in front of the Rockets bench when he was fouled by Pondexter.
Harden eventually got up, made the ensuing free throw and went straight to the locker room at the next stoppage of play.
Harden finished with six points and four rebounds in his 7-plus minutes before the injury.
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 48 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 18 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 42 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 5 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos