Rockets' Harden leaves with knee contusion
Houston Rockets guard James Harden was listed as day to day after leaving Friday night's preseason game against the Memphis Grizzlies with a right knee bruise.
"He iced it, and stuff, and we'll see how he feels (Saturday)," McHale said, indicating that he didn't think the injury was serious.
Harden, who entered the game as the team's leading scorer in the preseason with a 20.8 average, connected on a 3-pointer from the right wing with 4:35 left in the first quarter and went down to the court in front of the Rockets bench when he was fouled by Pondexter.
Harden eventually got up, made the ensuing free throw and went straight to the locker room at the next stoppage of play.
Harden finished with six points and four rebounds in his 7-plus minutes before the injury.
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos