Wolves pick up options on Rubio, Williams
The Minnesota Timberwolves have exercised their fourth-year contract options on point guard Ricky Rubio and small forward Derrick Williams, as expected.
The move on Williams was less of a sure thing, but the Wolves are counting on continued improvement this season from the second overall pick in the 2011 draft. The decision on these third-year players was announced by the Wolves on Saturday, along with the move to waive center Chris Johnson.
Former basketball boss David Kahn's last move before he was fired was to guarantee the 28-year-old Johnson's $916,000 salary for 2013-14. He played in 30 games last season, averaging 3.9 points and 9.5 minutes.
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead 39 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 54 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos