Bucks' Sanders won't face charges for fight
No charges will be filed in a nightclub fight involving Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders.MILWAUKEE -- No charges will be filed in a nightclub fight involving Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders.
The Milwaukee County District Attorney's office announced the decision Thursday after reviewing the "altercation" that happened early Sunday.
Sanders sat out the Bucks' 109-104 victory Wednesday night over Cleveland because of a sore thumb. The team said Sanders hurt the thumb in the previous game, a loss in the home opener last week to Toronto.
Coach Larry Drew said Thursday at practice that Sanders has told him that he should have never put himself in such a position in the first place.
"It's unfortunate that it happened but he has to learn from it and I believe that he will. At least I hope he will." Drew said.
Sanders missed practice Monday after his wife went into labor. He missed practice Tuesday because of the thumb injury.
Sanders signed a four-year, $44 million contract extension in the offseason after a breakout 2012-13 campaign. He's averaging 2.7 points and 3.7 rebounds in three games so far this season.
The Bucks host Dallas on Saturday night.
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos