Bobcats coach Clifford to return vs. Hawks
The Charlotte Bobcats say head coach Steve Clifford will coach Monday night against the Atlanta Hawks after having two stents placed in his heart Friday.
The Bobcats' first-year head coach checked himself into a Charlotte hospital with chest pains Thursday night. He was hospitalized overnight and doctors performed the procedure the following day.
Associate head coach Patrick Ewing filled in as head coach against the New York Knicks on Friday night, a game the Bobcats lost 101-91 to fall to 3-3.
The 52-year-old Clifford joined the Bobcats during this offseason, replacing Mike Dunlap, who was fired after one season.
Clifford will have a busy week as the Bobcats have four games in six days beginning Monday.
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos