Report: Kaepernick turns down invitations to Oscars
ATLANTA -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is shying away from the spotlight just weeks after his first Super Bowl appearance.
The Sacramento Bee reports Kaepernick received invitations to both the Grammys and the Oscars, but turned them down. He's also apparently been offered a book deal. Instead though, Kaepernick is training in Atlanta. His workouts usually start at 8 a.m. and last until the late afternoon. Kaepernick's father says his son is in Atlanta because he would never get anything done if he stayed closer to home.
Kaepernick is a native of Turlock.
colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos