Report: 49ers made deal to trade Alex Smith
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco 49ers have a deal in place to trade quarterback Alex Smith, according to multiple reports.
There is speculation that the Kansas City Chiefs are the other team in this deal. The Chiefs desperately need a quarterback and the Niners aren't likely to pay Smith $8.5 million to be Colin Kaepernick's backup.
Smith can't be traded until March 12, but sources say a deal is "effectively complete" with an unidentified team.
alex smith, colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping