Griffin III active for Redskins while Garcon out
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is active for Washington's game against Minnesota, a week after getting a concussion, but receiver Pierre Garcon is out with a sore right foot.LANDOVER, Md. -- Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is active for Washington's game against Minnesota, a week after getting a concussion, but receiver Pierre Garcon is out with a sore right foot.
Garcon had been listed as questionable for Sunday and didn't take many snaps in practice Friday.
The Vikings are without receiver Jerome Simpson, who has a back problem that causes weakness and numbness in his lower left leg.
Griffin, the Heisman Trophy winner and the No. 2 overall pick in April's draft, returned to action by practicing Wednesday after being cleared. He took a shot to the head in the third quarter of Washington's loss to Atlanta last weekend.
Garcon also missed Weeks 2 and 3 and has only eight catches since signing a $42.5 million, five-year contract this offseason.
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 22 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos