Browns sans starters Fujita, Rubin vs. Bengals
Browns starting linebacker Scott Fujita and defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin will not play against Cincinnati because of injuries.CLEVELAND -- Browns starting linebacker Scott Fujita and defensive tackle Ahtyba Rubin will not play against Cincinnati because of injuries.
Fujita was listed on Cleveland's injury report this week with a shoulder/neck injury. He missed two practices during a week in which he slammed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for his handling of the New Orleans' bounty scandal. With Fujita out, rookie James-Michael Johnson will make his first career start. He made his debut last week on special teams against the Giants.
Rubin, who had started Cleveland's previous 41 games, will be replaced by rookie John Hughes. Rubin sustained a lower leg injury against New York and did not practice this week.
The Bengals made a few changes on defense. Cornerback Terence Newman will start on the left side for Nate Clements, who will start at strong safety over Taylor Mays. Also, Robert Geathers will start at left defensive end for Carlos Dunlap.
- Milwaukee District West Metra trains moving, but delayed
- 'Sopranos' star James Gandolfini dead at 51 in Italy 9 min ago
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos