Steelers' Leftwich (ribs) likely out, sources say
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich fractured two ribs early in Sunday night's 13-10 loss to the Ravens and is unlikely to start this week, according to team and league sources.
In addition to his fractured ribs, Leftwich later hurt his shoulder, but the sources said it was not believed to be as detrimental as the rib injuries.
The team already is without starter Ben Roethlisberger, who missed Sunday night's game because of a rare dislocated rib injury.
Steelers doctors believe Roethlisberger will miss three weeks, though the team has not abandoned hope that he may miss only two games and be able to return for the rematch against the Ravens in two weeks.ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos