Steelers' Leftwich (ribs) likely out, sources say
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich fractured two ribs early in Sunday night's 13-10 loss to the Ravens and is unlikely to start this week, according to team and league sources.
In addition to his fractured ribs, Leftwich later hurt his shoulder, but the sources said it was not believed to be as detrimental as the rib injuries.
The team already is without starter Ben Roethlisberger, who missed Sunday night's game because of a rare dislocated rib injury.
Steelers doctors believe Roethlisberger will miss three weeks, though the team has not abandoned hope that he may miss only two games and be able to return for the rematch against the Ravens in two weeks.ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 2 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 1 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 28 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 30 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos