Stevens out of jail following probation violation
Former NFL tight end Jerramy Stevens has been released from jail.Former NFL tight end Jerramy Stevens has been released from jail after being taken into custody on a probation violation, according to a published report.
Stevens was released Thursday on his own recognizance by a Hillsborough County judge, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
Stevens was arrested Wednesday for a probation violation stemming from a 2010 marijuana possession charge in Tampa while he played for the Buccaneers.
Two weeks ago, Stevens was arrested in the Seattle suburb of Kirkland, Wash., following what police said was an argument with U.S. women's soccer team goalkeeper Hope Solo.
A Kirkland Municipal Court judge released Stevens after a court appearance, saying there was no evidence connecting Stevens to any assault on Nov. 12. Stevens and Solo were married the following day.
Solo said Tuesday in Portland, Ore., where the U.S. women's team was preparing for an exhibition match, that she and Stevens are happy.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 56 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 6 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos