Source: Ravens star LB Suggs has torn biceps
Baltimore Ravens star linebacker Terrell Suggs suffered torn biceps in Sunday's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, a league source told ESPN.
The Ravens have not officially commented on the status of the five-time Pro Bowler, but Suggs tweeted Monday that he will receive a second medical opinion to confirm the severity of the injury.
Suggs left in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 23-20 loss to Pittsburgh and was clearly favoring his right arm while walking to the sideline.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday that he doesn't believe Suggs has a long-term injury.
"I think we are encouraged that it may not be," Harbaugh said. "We'll just have to see."
Harbaugh also stated he was uncertain whether Suggs, last year's NFL Defensive Player of the Year, would be available for next Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins.
After sitting out the first six weeks of the season recovering from a torn Achilles tendon, Suggs has 19 tackles and two sacks in six games.
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up 51 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale 45 min ago
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- Wilmette twins break Guinness world record
50 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos