Source: Urlacher fined for 2nd horse-collar hit
Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher was fined $21,000 for his second horse-collar tackle in as many weeks, a source familiar with the situation confirmed.
The Chicago Tribune earlier reported the news.
Urlacher was fined $15,750 for a horse-collar tackle on the Vikings' Adrian Peterson on Nov. 25, and he appealed that fine.
He also plans to appeal this one, according to the Trib, which quoted Urlacher as saying "My last appeal went real good."
It's been a tough week for Urlacher, who suffered a Grade 2 hamstring strain against the Seahawks. He could miss the rest of the regular season.
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area 26 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning 34 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos