Source: Urlacher fined for 2nd horse-collar hit
Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher was fined $21,000 for his second horse-collar tackle in as many weeks, a source familiar with the situation confirmed.
The Chicago Tribune earlier reported the news.
Urlacher was fined $15,750 for a horse-collar tackle on the Vikings' Adrian Peterson on Nov. 25, and he appealed that fine.
He also plans to appeal this one, according to the Trib, which quoted Urlacher as saying "My last appeal went real good."
It's been a tough week for Urlacher, who suffered a Grade 2 hamstring strain against the Seahawks. He could miss the rest of the regular season.
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street 17 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones 56 min ago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos