Bengals sign PK Brown with Nugent ailing
The Bengals have signed kicker Josh Brown to fill in for the injured Mike Nugent, who hurt his right calf and didn't practice Wednesday.
Brown played five seasons with Seattle and four with St. Louis. He kicked for the Jets in preseason and was released on Aug. 27.
Also on Thursday, the Bengals (7-5) waived center Jeff Faine, opening the way for Kyle Cook to return from an ankle injury suffered in the final preseason game. Faine played in the first eight games, starting seven, while Cook recovered from surgery on his right ankle.
Cook fully practiced for the first time Wednesday and could be activated off the injured reserve list for a game against Dallas (6-6) on Sunday in Cincinnati.
- South Loop shooting injures 1 26 min ago
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up 57 min ago
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 43 min ago
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
23 min ago
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at...
24 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
33 min ago
- Frozen kefir: Think yogurt, but tangier and...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos