Bengals sign PK Brown with Nugent ailing
The Bengals have signed kicker Josh Brown to fill in for the injured Mike Nugent, who hurt his right calf and didn't practice Wednesday.
Brown played five seasons with Seattle and four with St. Louis. He kicked for the Jets in preseason and was released on Aug. 27.
Also on Thursday, the Bengals (7-5) waived center Jeff Faine, opening the way for Kyle Cook to return from an ankle injury suffered in the final preseason game. Faine played in the first eight games, starting seven, while Cook recovered from surgery on his right ankle.
Cook fully practiced for the first time Wednesday and could be activated off the injured reserve list for a game against Dallas (6-6) on Sunday in Cincinnati.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 3 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 21 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 19 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 34 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos