Bengals sign PK Brown with Nugent ailing
The Bengals have signed kicker Josh Brown to fill in for the injured Mike Nugent, who hurt his right calf and didn't practice Wednesday.
Brown played five seasons with Seattle and four with St. Louis. He kicked for the Jets in preseason and was released on Aug. 27.
Also on Thursday, the Bengals (7-5) waived center Jeff Faine, opening the way for Kyle Cook to return from an ankle injury suffered in the final preseason game. Faine played in the first eight games, starting seven, while Cook recovered from surgery on his right ankle.
Cook fully practiced for the first time Wednesday and could be activated off the injured reserve list for a game against Dallas (6-6) on Sunday in Cincinnati.
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 59 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 53 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 46 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
11 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
6 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos