Cops: Valet lifts Wayne's car, arrested for DWI
An Indianapolis hotel valet faces drunken driving charges for allegedly taking Colts receiver Reggie Wayne's luxury car from the hotel and driving it while intoxicated.
INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis hotel valet faces drunken driving charges for allegedly taking Colts receiver Reggie Wayne's luxury car from the hotel and driving it while intoxicated.
Twenty-one-year-old Gunner Belcher was arrested early Sunday after police approached a Bentley blocking downtown traffic. A police report says Belcher was standing outside the car and had a blood-alcohol content of 0.13 percent, nearly twice Indiana's legal limit.
Marion County Prosecutor's spokeswoman Brienne Delaney says investigators are weighing whether Belcher, who was released Sunday on bond, may face an auto theft charge.
A police report says valets at the Westin Hotel couldn't find the Bentley on Sunday morning when Wayne arrived to claim the car after overnighting at the hotel. The report says the car, which police had impounded, was returned to Wayne later Sunday.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos