Official: Te'o all business with combine on tap
Those who have watched Manti Te'o prepare for the scouting combine say the former Notre Dame linebacker has shown no signs of being distracted by his off-field issues.
BRADENTON, Fla. -- Those who have watched Manti Te'o prepare for the scouting combine say the former Notre Dame linebacker has shown no signs of being distracted by national media attention that came from his online relationship with a girlfriend that turned out to be a hoax.
"He missed precisely one day," said former NFL quarterback Chris Weinke, the director of football operations at IMG Academy where Te'o has been preparing for the combine. The combine starts Wednesday in Indianapolis.
"He's gone about his business and been the same guy all along," Weinke said. "I really admire that because a lot of guys his age would not be able to handle this as well as he has. I haven't seen any signs of it being a distraction and I expect him to go up to Indianapolis and have a great combine."
Te'o took part in Monday's workouts, but declined an interview request. Te'o recently divulged that he was the victim of a hoax in which he developed an online relationship with a woman who did not exist.
"Manti has been the same Manti I went to college with," former Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert, who also has been working out at IMG, said. "He left to do the Katie Couric interview for one day and I think he was back that same night. He's been out on the field working just like he's always worked. I've tried to be there for him, but I don't know that he's needed all that much help because he's such a strong person to begin with."
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking 38 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 25 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
14 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by...
45 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos