Report: Bills hold private workout with QB Smith
The Buffalo Bills' offseason search for a quarterback has led them to West Virginia, where they have conducted a private workout involving the Mountaineers' Geno Smith.
A person familiar with what happened told The Associated Press that Smith's workout took place on campus Friday. The person said Smith had dinner Thursday night with numerous team officials, including general manager Buddy Nix and coach Doug Marrone.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Bills would not reveal any details except to announce the workout had been scheduled.
Smith is regarded as one of the top quarterback prospects available in next month's draft. The Bills open their draft with the eighth pick and have a clear need at quarterback after releasing starter Ryan Fitzpatrick last week.
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos