Ravens' McClain arrested, charged in Alabama
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested Sunday in Decatur, Ala., and charged the former Alabama linebacker with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Decatur police haven't released details about Sunday's disturbance at a park, but McClain, 23, is free from jail after posting a $1,000 bond.
The Ravens signed McClain to a one-year contract April 12.
McClain has had a string of legal troubles in his hometown. He was involved in a shooting in Alabama in November 2011, when he left his former team, the Raiders, briefly during the season to attend a family funeral.
In May 2012, McClain was convicted of four misdemeanors -- reckless endangerment, menacing, third-degree assault and firing a gun in the city limits -- but he appealed the verdict and the charges were dropped when the accuser told prosecutors he no longer wanted to pursue the case.
On Jan. 8, McClain was arrested on charges of violating rules on car window tint and trying to lie to police about his identity.
McClain had a rough final season in Oakland, serving a two-game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. He also was demoted from the starting lineup a month into the season because of his struggles in pass coverage and because Raiders coaches thought he tired too much playing every down.
In 41 career games with Oakland, the former first-round pick had 6.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble and no fumble recoveries, and he did little to help improve Oakland's struggling run defense.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 16 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos