Cops: Cards' Washington accused of assault
Phoenix police say they're investigating a domestic violence call involving Pro Bowl linebacker Daryl Washington.
PHOENIX -- Phoenix police say they're investigating a domestic violence call involving Pro Bowl linebacker Daryl Washington.
Sgt. Steve Martos said a woman called officers Wednesday and accused the Arizona Cardinals player of being involved in the altercation.
He said that as of Wednesday night, police hadn't been able to reach Washington to talk to him. He says there's no warrant out for Washington.
Washington led the Cardinals with 134 tackles -- 108 of them solo -- and nine sacks last season.
He was suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
In a statement posted online, the Cardinals said, "Until all the facts are determined, and out of respect for the process," the team declines any further comment at this point.
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 53 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 23 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 47 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 10 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos