Report: Texans' Reed undergoes hip surgery
Houston Texans safety Ed Reed underwent arthroscopic surgery last week to repair a labral tear in his hip, the Houston Chronicle reported Friday.
Reed will miss OTAs (organized team activities) later this month as well as OTAs and a three-day minicamp in June, according to the newspaper. The Texans are hopeful he'll be ready for training camp.
"He'll miss the offseason program, and it's just something we'll have to work through," coach Gary Kubiak told the paper. "We'll get him healthy, and he should be fine.
"We've got to get the young safeties ready to go. They'll get a lot of reps."
A nine-time Pro Bowler, Reed left the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens after 11 seasons to sign a three-year, $15 million deal with the Texans in March.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos