Forbes poll: Tebow most influential athlete
Recently released quarterback Tim Tebow is the most influential athlete in sports in 2013, according to a Forbes.com survey, the results of which were posted Monday.
Forbes.com, which used Nielsen and E-Poll to conduct the survey to determine which athletes have the most influence among fans in the United States, reported that 29 percent of the respondents found Tebow to be "influential." Forbes.com did not release the number of participants in its survey but, when contacted by ESPN.com, said more than 1,000 people took part in the poll.
Tebow was released by the New York Jets last week after just one season with the team.
Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps finished second in the survey, with 25 percent finding him influential. Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt (23 percent) was third, while New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter (22 percent) was fourth.
NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson finished atop the survey results the past two years.
ESPN.com sports business reporter Darren Rovell contributed to this report.
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos