Sources: Deal for Giants, Cruz before camp
The New York Giants and wide receiver Victor Cruz will have a long-term contract done before the start of training camp, according to team and league sources.
Parameters are in place but remaining details, including contract language, need to be finalized; sources say no obstacles are expected.
Cruz signed his first-round restricted free-agent tender worth $2.879 million earlier this month, after months of stalled negotiations over a long-term extension.
Cruz, 26, is coming off two productive seasons with a total of 168 catches for 2,628 yards and 19 touchdowns. But the two sides have been unable to reach an extension, which had kept him away from any of the team's offseason functions.
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos