Packers finalize extension with safety Burnett
The Green Bay Packers signed safety Morgan Burnett to a contract extension Friday.
NFL.com reported on Monday that Burnett signed a four-year, $24.75 million extension.
Burnett, a third-round pick from Georgia Tech in 2010, has started all 36 games in which he has appeared in three seasons with the team. He has 259 tackles, 28 passes defensed, six interceptions, four forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and three sacks.
The Packers also released wide receiver Terrell Sinkfield.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos