Packers finalize extension with safety Burnett
The Green Bay Packers signed safety Morgan Burnett to a contract extension Friday.
NFL.com reported on Monday that Burnett signed a four-year, $24.75 million extension.
Burnett, a third-round pick from Georgia Tech in 2010, has started all 36 games in which he has appeared in three seasons with the team. He has 259 tackles, 28 passes defensed, six interceptions, four forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and three sacks.
The Packers also released wide receiver Terrell Sinkfield.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 1 min ago
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos