Niners' Kaepernick has top-selling jersey
The San Francisco 49ers' run to the Super Bowl was good for quarterback Colin Kaepernick, whose jersey was the NFL's best selling.
Quarterbacks finished in four of the top five slots based on sales from April 1-June 30 on NFLShop.com. Seattle Seahawks signal-called Russell Wilson finished second to Kaepernick, followed by Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.
Among just drafted rookies, Manti Te'o's No. 50 San Diego Chargers jersey was the most popular. Tavon Austin, EJ Manuel, Cordarrelle Patterson and Eddie Lacy rounded out the top 5. Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith did not crack the top 5, perhaps suggesting that fans aren't ready to put their Mark Sanchez jerseys in the closet just yet.
Despite losing the Super Bowl, the 49ers are leading the offseason in jersey sales, followed by the Seahawks, the only team whose jersey was completely changed last season with the league's new Nike deal. Rounding out the top five were the Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots.
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos