Rex: Belichick needs to make up his mind
Rex Ryan calls out Bill Belichick.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan doesn't want to hear it.
During Tuesday's media call, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the New York Jets pushed on field goal attempts as well, referencing an irksome penalty on Chris Jones in overtime that led to a 30-27 Jets win Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
The Jets' coach, however, has clearly run out of patience with Belichick's grousing and denied that his team pushed.
"That's not true," Ryan said. "He's got to make up his mind. Was he aware of this thing? Was it second-level, all this kind of jazz? Or now what the story is ... we did it? OK, I got you.
"The fact is we're moving on, we earned that victory plain and simple, and we're focused on Cincinnati now."
Immediately after Sunday's game, Belichick said he thought the pushing was legal because it wasn't from the second level, but on Monday he said he was wrong about the rule.
"[Special-teams coordinator] Ben [Kotwica] did a great job teaching us what we can do and can't do and how to get a block on a field goal," Coples said. "As far as [Belichick's] comment, I'm past it. We won."
Offensive lineman Willie Colon, who was on the field when Nick Folk's unsuccessful 56-yard field goal attempt was nullified by the penalty on Jones, didn't want to add fuel to the simmering disagreement, but he emphasized that the rule was interpreted correctly on the field.
"I can't give you how I honestly feel about it, but it's in the rulebooks," Colon said. "Everybody was aware of it. The refs made a good call. It wasn't like the refs made a call that never happened. They clearly did it."
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos