Rex: Belichick needs to make up his mind
Rex Ryan calls out Bill Belichick.
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Rex Ryan doesn't want to hear it.
During Tuesday's media call, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the New York Jets pushed on field goal attempts as well, referencing an irksome penalty on Chris Jones in overtime that led to a 30-27 Jets win Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
The Jets' coach, however, has clearly run out of patience with Belichick's grousing and denied that his team pushed.
"That's not true," Ryan said. "He's got to make up his mind. Was he aware of this thing? Was it second-level, all this kind of jazz? Or now what the story is ... we did it? OK, I got you.
"The fact is we're moving on, we earned that victory plain and simple, and we're focused on Cincinnati now."
Immediately after Sunday's game, Belichick said he thought the pushing was legal because it wasn't from the second level, but on Monday he said he was wrong about the rule.
"[Special-teams coordinator] Ben [Kotwica] did a great job teaching us what we can do and can't do and how to get a block on a field goal," Coples said. "As far as [Belichick's] comment, I'm past it. We won."
Offensive lineman Willie Colon, who was on the field when Nick Folk's unsuccessful 56-yard field goal attempt was nullified by the penalty on Jones, didn't want to add fuel to the simmering disagreement, but he emphasized that the rule was interpreted correctly on the field.
"I can't give you how I honestly feel about it, but it's in the rulebooks," Colon said. "Everybody was aware of it. The refs made a good call. It wasn't like the refs made a call that never happened. They clearly did it."
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
10 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
12 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos