PGA Tour extends Greenbrier Classic contract
The PGA Tour has extended its contract with the Greenbrier Classic through 2021.WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. -- The PGA Tour has extended its contract with the Greenbrier Classic through 2021.
Greenbrier Resort owner Jim Justice made the announcement Tuesday.
Justice bought the resort in 2009, and the tournament debuted a year later as a replacement on the FedEx Cup schedule for the Buick Open in Michigan. The Greenbrier Classic's original contract was set to run through 2015.
Justice called the first three years of the tournament "a thrilling ride" and said the state of West Virginia has embraced the tournament from the beginning.
This year's tournament starts Thursday on the Old White TPC Course.
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos