Mickelson cards 73, misses rare Players cut
Phil Mickelson's streak of 11 consecutive made cuts at The Players Championship ended Friday after a 1-over 73 in the second round gave him a 36-hole total of 1 over.
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Phil Mickelson's streak of 11 consecutive made cuts at The Players Championship ended Friday after a 1-over 73 in the second round gave him a 36-hole total of 1 over.
The cut was even par.
Mickelson, the 2007 Players champion, wasn't the only big name to miss the weekend at TPC Sawgrass.
Ernie Els missed his fourth straight cut here after a 73 in the second round left him at 2 over. Vijay Singh, Nick Watney, Ian Poulter, Keegan Bradley, Graeme McDowell, Justin Rose and Billy Horschel also were casualties on Friday.
Horschel was on the cut line until he hit two balls into the water at the 18th hole. It ended his PGA Tour-leading streak of 23 consecutive made cuts that began at the FedEx St. Jude Classic last June.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos