Mickelson cards 73, misses rare Players cut
Phil Mickelson's streak of 11 consecutive made cuts at The Players Championship ended Friday after a 1-over 73 in the second round gave him a 36-hole total of 1 over.
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Phil Mickelson's streak of 11 consecutive made cuts at The Players Championship ended Friday after a 1-over 73 in the second round gave him a 36-hole total of 1 over.
The cut was even par.
Mickelson, the 2007 Players champion, wasn't the only big name to miss the weekend at TPC Sawgrass.
Ernie Els missed his fourth straight cut here after a 73 in the second round left him at 2 over. Vijay Singh, Nick Watney, Ian Poulter, Keegan Bradley, Graeme McDowell, Justin Rose and Billy Horschel also were casualties on Friday.
Horschel was on the cut line until he hit two balls into the water at the 18th hole. It ended his PGA Tour-leading streak of 23 consecutive made cuts that began at the FedEx St. Jude Classic last June.
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos