Wild put ailing Parise on IR with bruised foot
The Minnesota Wild have placed left wing Zach Parise on injured reserve because of a bruised foot.
The move was made Saturday. The Wild recalled goalie Johan Gustafsson from Iowa of the AHL to take Parise's spot on the active roster, but Parise can be taken off injured reserve at any time.
Parise has 15 goals and 12 assists in 37 games. He was hurt Nov. 25 at St. Louis and held out of the next game before returning to the ice four days later. But the 29-year-old star has not been the same since. He has only four goals and one assist in 12 games since the injury.
Parise has missed the last two games. Matt Cooke has taken his spot on the first line.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos