Wild put ailing Parise on IR with bruised foot
The Minnesota Wild have placed left wing Zach Parise on injured reserve because of a bruised foot.
The move was made Saturday. The Wild recalled goalie Johan Gustafsson from Iowa of the AHL to take Parise's spot on the active roster, but Parise can be taken off injured reserve at any time.
Parise has 15 goals and 12 assists in 37 games. He was hurt Nov. 25 at St. Louis and held out of the next game before returning to the ice four days later. But the 29-year-old star has not been the same since. He has only four goals and one assist in 12 games since the injury.
Parise has missed the last two games. Matt Cooke has taken his spot on the first line.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos