Lightning give Purcell three-year extension
The Tampa Bay Lightning have given right wing Teddy Purcell a three-year contract extension worth $13.5 million that runs through the 2015-16 season.TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Lightning have given right wing Teddy Purcell a three-year contract extension worth $13.5 million that runs through the 2015-16 season.
Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman announced the signing Tuesday on the team's website.
Purcell had a career year last season, with 26 goals and 41 assists. He played on the Lightning's top line for much of the season. The 26-year-old led the Lightning with a plus-9 rating.
Tampa Bay acquired Purcell from Los Angeles on March 3, 2010, for center Jeff Halpern and a 2010 third-round draft pick.
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 4 min ago
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos