Sens' Cowen out 6-8 months after hip surgery
Senators defenseman Jared Cowen is out of action for six to eight months following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.OTTAWA -- Senators defenseman Jared Cowen is out of action for six to eight months after surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.
The club says the 21-year-old Cowen is expected to make a full recovery from Saturday's operation in New York.
Cowen, the No. 9 overall pick in the 2009 NHL draft, played in all 82 games last season as a rookie, scoring five goals and adding 12 assists with a minus-4 rating. He also was in the lineup for Ottawa's entire seven-game, first-round playoff matchup against the New York Rangers. Cowen had one assist and four penalty minutes in the series loss.
In three games this season for Binghamton of the AHL, while the NHL was shut down because of a lockout, Cowen had three assists.
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life
- Lunch Break 05-23-13
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos