Sens' Cowen out 6-8 months after hip surgery
Senators defenseman Jared Cowen is out of action for six to eight months following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.OTTAWA -- Senators defenseman Jared Cowen is out of action for six to eight months after surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.
The club says the 21-year-old Cowen is expected to make a full recovery from Saturday's operation in New York.
Cowen, the No. 9 overall pick in the 2009 NHL draft, played in all 82 games last season as a rookie, scoring five goals and adding 12 assists with a minus-4 rating. He also was in the lineup for Ottawa's entire seven-game, first-round playoff matchup against the New York Rangers. Cowen had one assist and four penalty minutes in the series loss.
In three games this season for Binghamton of the AHL, while the NHL was shut down because of a lockout, Cowen had three assists.
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos