Sens' Cowen out 6-8 months after hip surgery
Senators defenseman Jared Cowen is out of action for six to eight months following surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.OTTAWA -- Senators defenseman Jared Cowen is out of action for six to eight months after surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.
The club says the 21-year-old Cowen is expected to make a full recovery from Saturday's operation in New York.
Cowen, the No. 9 overall pick in the 2009 NHL draft, played in all 82 games last season as a rookie, scoring five goals and adding 12 assists with a minus-4 rating. He also was in the lineup for Ottawa's entire seven-game, first-round playoff matchup against the New York Rangers. Cowen had one assist and four penalty minutes in the series loss.
In three games this season for Binghamton of the AHL, while the NHL was shut down because of a lockout, Cowen had three assists.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos