Source: NHLPA OKs $10K stipend for players
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed.
The players already have missed four paychecks as a result of the league-imposed lockout.
The NHLPA's next decision will be to respond to the NHL on whether to accept commissioner Gary Bettman's invitation to hold a players/owners-only meeting, with no league or NHLPA staff present. The idea was presented as an alternative option after mediation broke down between the two sides Thursday.
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago 32 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine 23 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos