Source: NHLPA OKs $10K stipend for players
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
NEW YORK -- The NHLPA executive board has authorized to provide a $10,000 stipend to all players, a source confirmed.
The players already have missed four paychecks as a result of the league-imposed lockout.
The NHLPA's next decision will be to respond to the NHL on whether to accept commissioner Gary Bettman's invitation to hold a players/owners-only meeting, with no league or NHLPA staff present. The idea was presented as an alternative option after mediation broke down between the two sides Thursday.
- Bensenville police shooting injures man 15 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos