Love match: Ovechkin, Kirilenko get engaged
Game, set and goal for hockey's Alex Ovechkin and tennis' Maria Kirilenko, who are planning to tie the knot.
The Washington Capitals forward and two-time NHL MVP took to Twitter on Monday and announced: "We are engaged !!!!!!! )))))))))"
Ovechkin's agent also offered congratulations to the Russian couple.
Ovechkin is 27 and has been playing in Moscow during the NHL lockout. Kirilenko is 25 and is 14th in the WTA world rankings.
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown' 15 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 8 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday 20 min ago
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC 4 min ago
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing 6 min ago
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes 5 min ago
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos