Devils' Zubrus has wrist surgery, out 4-6 weeks
New Jersey Devils forward Dainius Zubrus underwent surgery on his left wrist Thursday and is expected to miss four to six weeks, the team announced in a statement.
The 34-year-old winger suffered the injury in the team's 3-1 win over the Rangers on Feb. 5 and was sidelined for four games before electing to undergo surgery.
His injury prompted the Devils to reacquire left wing Alexei Ponikarovsky in a trade with Winnipeg on Wednesday night. The Devils sent the Jets a seventh-round pick in this year's draft and a fourth-round pick in 2014.
Ponikarovsky, who was traded to the Devils last January but signed with the Jets as an unrestricted free agent this past summer, is expected to play Friday in the Devils' home game against the Flyers.
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos