Blue Jackets place defenseman Moore on IR
The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed defenseman John Moore on injured reserve after he injured his shoulder during the morning skate on Friday in Chicago.
Moore is expected to be out 2-3 weeks.
Columbus' first pick and the 21st overall in the 2009 draft, the 22-year-old Moore has two goals and six assists in 82 career games with the Blue Jackets. This season the 6-foot-3, 202-pound native of Winnetka, Ill., has an assist in 13 games.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos