Capitals waive veteran defenseman Hamrlik
The Washington Capitals have waived veteran Roman Hamrlik.
The 38-year-old defenseman has played in only four games this season. He is in the final season of a two-year, $7 million contract he signed in the summer of 2011.
The Capitals placed him on waivers Tuesday after signing and recalling defenseman Steve Oleksy from Hershey of the AHL on Monday.
Hamrlik has played for six NHL teams since making his debut with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 1992.
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size... 17 min ago
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2,...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos