Blue Jackets put Dorsett (collarbone) on IR
The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed right wing Derek Dorsett on injured reserve after he broke his collarbone in the first period of Thursday night's 2-1 overtime win over Vancouver.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed right wing Derek Dorsett on injured reserve after he broke his collarbone in the first period of Thursday night's 2-1 overtime win over Vancouver.
The club expects Dorsett to miss the rest of the season.
Columbus also added center Nick Drazenovic to the roster on emergency recall from their American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass
Dorsett has 27 goals and 38 assists in 280 career NHL games, all with Columbus.
The Blue Jackets' ninth pick, 189th overall, at the 2006 draft, he had three goals, six assists and 53 penalty minutes in 24 games this season. Last season, Dorsett led the NHL in penalty minutes with 235 and set career highs in goals (12), points (20), shots (137) and games played (77).
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos