Flames activate Backlund, send down Baertschi
The Calgary Flames activated center Mikael Backlund from injured reserve on Saturday and sent left wing Sven Baertschi to Abbotsford of the American Hockey League to make room on the roster.
CALGARY, Alberta -- The Calgary Flames activated center Mikael Backlund from injured reserve on Saturday and sent left wing Sven Baertschi to Abbotsford of the American Hockey League to make room on the roster.
Backlund was out more than four weeks with a Grade 2 medial collateral ligament sprain suffered Feb. 7 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 23-year-old has three goals, an assist and a minus-1 rating in eight games with the Flames.
Baertschi started the season with Abbotsford, playing 21 games with six goals and 12 assists. He joined the Flames for the start of the NHL season, but suffered a hip flexor injury that forced him to miss 11 games. He has an assist and a minus-2 rating in 10 NHL games.
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
4 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos