Blue Jackets, Jets swap minor league forwards
The Columbus Blue Jackets have traded forward Tomas Kubalik to the Winnipeg Jets for forward Spencer Machacek.
Machacek will report to Columbus' American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass., after Sunday's deal.
The 24-year-old Machacek was selected in the third round, 67th overall, of the 2008 draft. The 6-foot-1, 195-pound right winger has two goals and seven assists in 25 career NHL games with the Thrashers/Jets. He had 11 goals and 14 assists in 57 games with St. John's this season.
Columbus' sixth pick, 135th overall, at the 2008 draft, Kubalik has a goal and three assists in 12 games with the Blue Jackets. The 6-3, 215-pound right winger has played in 190 AHL games, with 49 goals and 47 assists.
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder 9 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos