Sharks D Vlasic fined for slashing Heatley
San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic has been fined for slashing Minnesota's Dany Heatley.SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic has been fined for slashing Minnesota's Dany Heatley.
The NHL fined Vlasic $8,378.38 for the infraction at the end of Wednesday's 4-2 victory against the Wild.
Vlasic and Heatley were jostling in the closing seconds of the game. After Vlasic delivered a cross check, Heatley responded by swinging his stick at Vlasic. He missed and Vlasic retaliated and hit Heatley with his stick.
The Wild were upset after the game because Heatley was hurt. But the NHL says the injury came in the ensuing scrum and not from the slash.
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- Standoff suspect may be man wanted in Ga....
13 min ago
- Police chase, standoff closes Lake Shore...
30 min ago
- Officer injured in LSD crash following...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos