Ducks sign BC star Whitney to 2-year deal
The Anaheim Ducks have signed high-scoring forward Steven Whitney to a two-year, entry-level contract.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Anaheim Ducks have signed high-scoring forward Steven Whitney to a two-year, entry-level contract.
The Ducks announced the deal Thursday with Whitney, who spent the past four seasons at Boston College.
Whitney was one of the nation's best available undrafted free agents after scoring 45 points in 38 games for the Eagles this past season, ranking second in the nation with 26 goals. He won the Walter Brown Award as the best American-born college hockey player in New England.
Boston College won two NCAA titles and all four Beanpot tournaments during Whitney's career. The Massachusetts native scored 128 points in 160 career games.
Whitney is likely to start his pro career with the Ducks' AHL affiliate in Norfolk.
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos