Ducks' Lydman (neck, migraines) questionable
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman, injured on a hit from Detroit's Justin Abdelkader in the second period of Game 3, didn't practice on Sunday with the team and is doubtful for Monday's Game 4.
DETROIT -- Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman, injured on a hit from Detroit's Justin Abdelkader in the second period of Game 3, didn't practice on Sunday with the team and is doubtful for Monday's Game 4.
According to the Ducks, Lydman is still suffering from a sore neck and migraines.
"Bright lights are bugging him. I don't know when that's going to not be there," said Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. "If we're going minute by minute, day by day, tomorrow is very questionable for him."
Boudreau said that Sheldon Souray, who was a healthy scratch in Game 3, will draw into the lineup if Lydman can't go. Souray is a capable replacement but any loss of Lydman, who has a history of concussions, would be a blow for the Ducks defense.
"I think it's a big loss. He's playing valuable minutes down the stretch and he's played in big playoff games in the past," Boudreau said. "He doesn't rattle easily. He's one of those guys that you don't see a lot of flash from but at the end of the day, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He's a very strong individual."
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 59 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
43 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
34 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
40 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos