Jackets sign McElhinney, Melart to contracts
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed goaltender Curtis McElhinney and defenseman Ilari Melart to one-year contracts.
McElhinney, who turned 30 on Thursday, has appeared in 69 career NHL games with the Calgary Flames, Anaheim Ducks and Ottawa Senators. He has a 19-26-4 record, with a 3.09 goals-against average and an .899 save percentage. In 2012-13, he went 29-6-3 with nine shutouts in 49 games with Springfield of the American Hockey League.
The 24-year-old Melart, signed to an entry-level contract, spent the past several seasons playing in Europe. Last year, he was with HIFK of the Finnish Elite League.
The club has begun to work on a new deal with top goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, who will be a restricted free agent this summer.
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 16 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos