Rattie, Portland advance to Memorial Cup final
Ty Rattie scored in the third period and Mac Carruth made 34 saves to help the Portland Winterhawks beat the London Knights 2-1 on Friday night in the Memorial Cup semifinal.
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan -- Ty Rattie scored in the third period and Mac Carruth made 34 saves to help the Portland Winterhawks beat the London Knights 2-1 on Friday night in the Memorial Cup semifinal.
Tyler Wotherspoon also scored, and Nicolas Petan added two assists for Western Hockey League champion Portland.
The Winterhawks will face the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League champion Halifax Mooseheads on Sunday night in the Canadian Hockey League title game. Halifax beat Portland 7-4 in round-robin play in the four-team tournament.
Max Domi scored for the Knights, the Ontario Hockey League winner.
Rattie broke a tie at 8:32 of the third period, circling in the London zone before beating goalie Jake Patterson from the slot for his tournament-leading fifth goal. Domi opened the scoring on a power play midway through the second period, and Wotherspoon tied it 2:08 later on a shot from the point that found its way through.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos