Rattie, Portland advance to Memorial Cup final
Ty Rattie scored in the third period and Mac Carruth made 34 saves to help the Portland Winterhawks beat the London Knights 2-1 on Friday night in the Memorial Cup semifinal.
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan -- Ty Rattie scored in the third period and Mac Carruth made 34 saves to help the Portland Winterhawks beat the London Knights 2-1 on Friday night in the Memorial Cup semifinal.
Tyler Wotherspoon also scored, and Nicolas Petan added two assists for Western Hockey League champion Portland.
The Winterhawks will face the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League champion Halifax Mooseheads on Sunday night in the Canadian Hockey League title game. Halifax beat Portland 7-4 in round-robin play in the four-team tournament.
Max Domi scored for the Knights, the Ontario Hockey League winner.
Rattie broke a tie at 8:32 of the third period, circling in the London zone before beating goalie Jake Patterson from the slot for his tournament-leading fifth goal. Domi opened the scoring on a power play midway through the second period, and Wotherspoon tied it 2:08 later on a shot from the point that found its way through.
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 8 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 37 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 21 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos